Are you looking for a new opportunity with a strong and successful EMPLOYEE-OWNED company? If so, Symbria may be the place for you! For more than 20 years, Symbria has been providing an outstanding work environment for talented employees to develop and implement products and services for senior-living and post-acute providers.
Symbria is currently seeking an Assitant Therapy Program Manager to add to our growing Rehabilitation Team to serve our clients at a leading Continuing Care Retirement Community. As one of the few 100% employee-owned companies in healthcare, our business practices are guided strictly by the values to which our employee owners are committed to. For more than 20 years, Symbria has been providing an outstanding work environment for talented employees to deliver patient centered care to the geriatric population in senior-living and post-acute settings.
Reports to and works under the guidance of Program Manager at Lutheran Home. Assist in the scheduling and management of interdisciplinary rehabilitation team within a post-acute rehabilitation environment and cooperate in community marketing activities as relating to the post-acute delivery of therapy services.
• Coordinate therapy and wellness services with the nursing department and present information at interdisciplinary team meeting.
• Ensure program compliance with the requirements of regulatory agencies.
• Collect statistical data to monitor services utilization.
• Coordinate internal and external marketing activities in conjunction with community staff to promote awareness of Symbria Rehab Therapy Services and Wellness Departments within the community.
• Monitor outcomes of the rehabilitation program.
• Support therapy team as allowed by providing “Rehab tech” support to therapy operations.
• Adhere to Symbria Rehab’s mission, Code of Conduct, and policies and procedures.
• Able to self-direct his/ her functions as Program Manager Assistant.
• Provide therapy scheduling for Saturday, Sunday, and Monday, (3 nights a week - subject to change based on business operation needs). In addition, responsible for posting therapy schedule in patients’ rooms and adjusting for over/unders. Coordinate and schedule therapy evaluations, treatments and minutes for Symbria Rehab Therapy team at Luther Home over the weekend and weekdays as needed.
• Approve staff payroll each pay period in compliance with payroll deadlines.
• Manage parking scheduling and weekend rotation scheduling for staff.
• MR2 and MR3 rounds – updating tracker accordingly.
• Assist with end of month billing/managing Casamba alerts (i.e. G-Code Management).
• Understand the three day – no therapy rule for discharge.
• Responsible for obtaining physicians signatures on therapy documents and maintaining proper medical records and timely filing of all documents in medical charts.
• Understand the Physical Therapy (PT) room blocking system when assigning evaluations and coverage and weekend schedule requirements at Lutheran Home, maintain consistent therapist – patient assignments, as much as able.
• Exercise or wellness training with business experience or therapy degree.
• Knowledge of therapy scheduling; one-year previous experience preferred.
• Knowledge of various RUG categories and Assessment Reference Dates (ARD’s)
• Managerial and marketing experience preferred.
• Advanced problem solving skills and the ability to work collaboratively with other departments.
• Excellent observation, verbal and written communication skills, problem-solving skills, and basic math skills. Detail-oriented. Ability to maintain organization, prioritize and multi-task.
• Effective interpersonal skills with strong focus on customer service.
• Proficient use of computers and Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook.