- Supervise Symbria Rehab therapy staff and therapy activities in the community.
- Coordinate therapy services with the nursing department and report information presented at interdisciplinary team meeting.
- Monitor staff productivity and staffing requirements per patient caseload.
- Ensure program compliance with the requirements of regulation agencies.
- Collect statistical data to monitor services utilization.
- Coordinate internal and external marketing activities in conjunction with community staff to promote awareness of Symbria Rehab Therapy Services Department within the community.
- Monitor outcomes of the rehabilitation program.
- Adhere to Symbria Rehab’s mission, Code of Conduct, and policies and procedures.
- Able to self-direct his/her functions as Program Manager.
- Any and all duties as assigned.
Managerial Functions and Responsibilities
- Analyze the workload and the human resource needs of department; recommend salary changes.
- Establish job requisition specifications and identify job content changes.
- Interview candidates for openings and assist in making hiring decisions.
- Orient new staff members to department policies and procedures. Review job responsibilities and expectations of performance.
- Plan, delegate and control work assignments of therapy staff.
- Establish short-term goals and objectives for therapy staff.
- Develop and motivate staff members to improve performance.
- Identify training needs and evaluate training alternatives.
- Assist in establishing department budget; accountable for results as measured against budget plan.
- Evaluate performance results of staff members; communicate performance discussions and results to manager.
- Review salaries of staff members and recommend changes as appropriate.
- Recommend promotions, transfers, demotions or discharges.
- Maintain discipline and recommend corrective actions.
- Communicate corporate and company policies and procedures to staff members.
Work schedules vary at each client location, and on occasion, you may be scheduled to work at any other Symbria Rehab client community, provided the other community is within a reasonable traveling distance.