This position will be interacting with healthcare providers at our various LTC facilities. This technician is primarily responsible for :
- Process and check in wholesale orders daily.
- Restock shelves with inventory and returns daily throughout pharmacy areas and restock bins from overstock daily.
- Monitor and process returns of outdated, slow moving, and/or unused medications with wholesaler for credit.
- Work with wholesaler and pharmacy usage reports to establish par levels.
- Communicate product information, availability, and changes to pharmacy staff.
- Review price change reports and take appropriate action.
- Create bins and labels for new products.
- Prepare and participate in quarterly physical inventory.
- Assist operations and pharmacy staff in product location.
- Make suggestions to pharmacists for alternate product to fill a prescription.
- Communicate backorder problems to our customers and pharmacy staff.
- Work with Access department to get canisters for pharmacy formulary changes.
- Prepare and manage returns process according to established policy.
- Any and all duties as assigned.
As the liaison to the operations team, inventory management is imperative. Regular review of inventory location including StatSafe, C-box and other areas to ensure optimal inventory turns is necessary.
- Develops knowledge of pharmacy policies and procedures and ensures compliance.
- Accurately package new and refill orders in the pharmacy software system with emphasis on correct drug product and quantities, under the supervision of a pharmacist.
- Coordinate the exchange of emergency medication kits to communities by ensuring boxes are accurate and complete; track and bill medications removed from boxes.
- Monitor supply of pre-packaged medication cards and initiate packing of new cards when supply is low.
- Repack unit dose medications utilizing Parata dispensing and unit-dose packaging machines.
- Prepare external compounds neatly and accurately.
- Meet the daily deadlines of scheduled medication deliveries.
- Stock the pharmacy with inventory on a daily basis.
- Filling and maintaining our StatSafe (Pyxis) automated medication cart.
- Auditing StatSafe related activities. Review of the electronic medication list and the electronic medical record.
- Performs technical duties associated with inventory management, including backorder, recall and daily par level monitoring.
- Completion of daily technical activities, to ensure the safe, accurate handling, storage and dispensing of pharmaceuticals from the StatSafe.
- Ongoing monitoring and quality assurance via cycle count monitoring and tracking inventory trends.
- Maintains the pharmaceutical storage location and organizes to facilitate ease of removal for pharmacy staff.
- Timely medications receiving and removal of requisitions to ensure delivery, data entry and accurate assessment of inventory levels.
- Recommend changes to inventory levels based on consumption trends.
- Assist operations when necessary to perform drug distribution activities including, accurate picking, packaging, and delivering medications for refill and load in automated medication carts (StatSafe Machines) in a timely manner.
- Monitor both DocuTrack and Framework work queues throughout the day for incoming requests for convenience boxes, fridge boxes, Emergency Drug Kits, etc. Delete duplicate requests where applicable; Triage new requests to the appropriate delivery date and delivery batch.
- Accurately and completely fill all meds for each box being produced. Ensure box contains proper medications in the proper quantity with appropriate shelf life. Ensure expiration dates of products support the expiration date assigned to the box.
- Ensure completed requests are properly closed out in both DocuTrack and Framework software.
- Properly and accurately document the return of all box types from each facility.
- Promptly alert Symbria and Courier management of any overdue boxes.
- Any and all duties as assigned.
Monday-Friday, 9:00am-5:30pm; working one Saturday a month also
It requires driving a company vehicle to perform StatSafe replenishments on a regular schedule.
(*A MVR report will be required before someone can move into this position)