We are looking to add a Senior Financial Analyst to our growing team located in Warrenville, IL!
The Senior Financial Analyst is an analytical and strategically minded position that uses their skills to accurately prepare a variety of financial activities. The position is responsible for preparing budgets, forecasts, and other financial analyses. Collaborate closely with Assistant Director of Financial Planning & Analysis to develop accurate and timely financial reports, maintain up-to-date budget and forecasting data, and develop recommendations related to financial risks and opportunities.
FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Work collaboratively with Assistant Director of Financial Planning & Analysis to prepare and identify appropriate data for the organization so that financial performance can be optimized.
• Develop, update, and maintain financial models.
• Prepare analyses and reports to support financial forecasting including covenants with bank.
• Work collaboratively with Assistant Director of Financial Planning & Analysis and management on annual budgets, long-term forecasts, and ad hoc forecasting requests. Budgets and forecasts to include financial modeling of cash flows, working capital, and capital expenditures.
• Work collaboratively with Assistant Director of Financial Planning & Analysis to analyze
economic environment and business operations including revenue and expenditure trends to
appropriately forecast and identify recommendations for efficiencies.
• Compare historical results against budgets and forecasts, and perform variance analysis to
explain differences and make continuous improvements to forecasts.
• Participate in the analysis of acquisitions, joint ventures, divestitures, business restructurings,
and other contemplated transactions.
• Assist on insurance and risk management requests and analyses.
• Recommend and implement process improvements.
• Monitor and review accuracy of KPI reporting in Power BI software including recommendations
• Provide back-up and support to Director of Revenue Management on pricing initiatives.
• Other financial analysis and special projects as assigned.
• Any and all duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND OTHER QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
To perform this job successfully, the ability to perform each essential duty satisfactorily is necessary and the qualifications listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required:
• Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting; minimum three years of related experience.
• Experience in cost accounting, budgeting, and prospective financial reporting.
• Experience and understanding of financial modeling and financial statements.
• Ability to analyze financial data and prepare budgets, forecasts, and ad hoc reports.
• Requires professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
• Requires strong financial acumen and problem solving, attention to detail, organization, and ability to manage multiple projects.
• Proficient use of Microsoft Office: Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Word.
• Knowledge of financial software applications, including NetSuite.
• Experience in multi-entity organizations with financial statement consolidations.