Are you a Nurse Eductor looking to expand your teaching opportunities? Our team in Erie, PA is looking to add a PRN Nurse Educator to our growing team! The primary purpose of the Nurse Educator is to strengthen the nursing workforce by serving as a role model and providing the leadership needed to implement evidence-based practice.
FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Oversee student compliance with the NATCEP policies and procedure, following disciplinary actions when appropriate, and consulting Director or acting Director when required.
• Conduct teaching in the classroom, laboratory setting, and clinical setting.
• Contact clinical site one week prior to review schedule and coordinate “hands on” clinical experiences for students.
• Maintain daily attendance record for each class.
• Complete Performance Checklist and Clinical Evaluations for each student.
• Provide ongoing research for updated and pertinent information, videos, and/or movies for class.
• Provide student counseling, coaching, and/or mentoring.
• Resource to inquirers, candidates, and graduates.
• Hold mock tests to prepare students for National Nurse Aide Assessment Program (NNAAP)
• Coordinate each class graduation ceremony.
• Maintain cleanliness and security of classrooms and HVA building.
• Function as a positive role model for HVA, students, and facilities.
• Collaborate with area agencies, facilities, and organizations related to long-term care to assess
their individual educational needs.
• Participate in staff meetings to review the Nurse Aide Training Program and make
EDUCATION AND OTHER QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
• Registered Nurse (RN); minimum two years’ experience
• Long-term care experience; minimum one year.
• State nursing licensure as a RN valid in the state of PA.
• Attention to detail and excellent organizational skills.
• Exceptional time management and planning skills.
• Management experience.
• Experience training adults.
• NATCEP “Teach-the-Educator” workshop certification.
• Superior verbal and written communication skills.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office- Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
• Knowledge of curriculum development, adult learning needs, and teaching strategies.
• Compliance with TB testing according to the policy of the nursing facility.
• Must be able to sit and/or be on feet for extended periods of time.
• Moderate work with ability to exert and/or lift to 50 pounds.
• Must have close visual acuity to prepare and analyze data and figures, view a computer monitor,
and read extensively.
• Frequently communicates with staff, management, and clients. Must be able to professionally exchange accurate information in these situations.